MPA Public Administration Degree Salary Outlook?
<!- mfunc feat_school ->
- Liberty University - Master of Public Administration MPA
- Grand Canyon University - offers a Master's in Health Administration Online.
SNHU offers an online MBA in Public Administration.
- American University brings DC to you with the online Master of Public Administration and Policy.
- Eastern Oregon University - offers an MPA - Masters in Public Administration.
Before pursuing a MPA degree program you will want to know what the prospective salary is for someone who holds such a college degree. Individuals who hold an MPA degree will notice different salaries depending upon what sector they work in. Salaries will vary depending upon whether you are working in the public sector and private sector, and whether or not your company is considered non-profit or profit.
SEE ALSO: Online MPA Options
The General Overall Statistics of an MPA Graduate
Statistics show that pursuing an MPA degree program can considerably raise the average pay you will receive for your position. Graduates who only pursued a Bachelor’s Degree had a maximum earning potential of $50,000. Those who received a Masters in Public Administration are looking at an average salary of $68,000. The master’s degree raised the average salary of by $18,000 a year.
Specific Average Salaries for the Public Sector
Due to the variety of job positions available for someone who receives a MPA degree the average salaries can vary from as low as $35,000 to as high as $100,000. The public sector is filled with dozens of different jobs. The following are the average salaries of positions that can be found in the public sector:
- Human Resources Director – $80,000
- Program Administrator – $60,000
- Director of Program Management – $60,000
- Entry-Level Position – $53,000
- Mid-Level Position – $75,000
The average earning potential in the public sector is around $60,000. In any position in the public sector there is plenty of room to advance and earn more than the average salary.
Specific Average Salaries for the Private Sector
The private sector of public administration includes companies and businesses. The average earning potential in this area of public administration for someone who has completed a MPA degree program is very similar to that of the public sector. The average salary is $60,000 with the potential to earn more. The following are average salaries specific to positions that can be found in the private sector:
- Program Administrator – $40,000
- Purchasing Manager – $53,000
- Government Affairs Executive – $100,000
- Director of Volunteer Services – $41,000
- Top Research Executive – $100,000
Working in the private sector individuals with an MPA degree can find positions that pay six-figures or find positions that pay $40,000. There is a wide range of salaries available and the earning potential in the private sector will depend upon company size, candidate qualifications, job requirements, bonus potential and company budget.